Its important to note that coverage options are available to Sole Proprietors both on the NYS Marketplace (Exchange) and off. As this new marketplace develops, we are noticing that the exchange offers some advantages to our clients:
- If you qualify for tax credits, they are only available to you via exchange-based programs.
- One-stop shopping for available products within your region.
- The Marketplace will also see if you qualify for free or low-cost coverage from Medicaid or Child Health Plus.
To get started is very easy and will only take a few minutes (really, we mean it!!!):
- Navigate to the New York State of Health website by clicking here.
- Sole Proprietors must go to the Individuals and Families tab. If you are a small business consisting of just husband and wife, then you must also use the Individuals and Families tab. You no longer qualify for small group coverage under the new regulations.
- If you are a new user, you will be asked to create a NYS User Id. Its very easy and requires you to answer some basic questions. Click the Register Now button.
- Enter the data they require, assign yourself a unique user id, type the Captcha phrase to prove you are human and then click create account.
- You will be sent an email which will prompt you to create a password for your account. It will come from Ny.govId@its.ny.gov. Be sure to check your spam filter.
- Once created, you will be invited back to the site. Sign on using the link for your Government ID. You will then be brought through the next step which is getting identified by the site.
- Very Important !!!. Towards the bottom of the second page you will be asked if you would like to work with a broker. You will answer yes and search for us in the space provided. Look for Benefit Technology Group, Inc. There are other agencies with similar names so be sure to carefully choose us.
- The rest of the process is self explanatory and requires personal information about yourself and your family members.
If you feel that you and your family will not qualify for any government subsidies, you can actually skip that section.
Once you have completed all of the personal information, the last step is to review the products available to you and your family. That is when you will contact us.
We will help guide you through the various products and alternatives and explain things in simple language.