- 12% of employees take leaves of absence to handle eldercare concerns.
- 36% miss work days.
- 40% rearrange their work schedule.
How can you help your employees?
- Offer eldercare and long term care (LTC) benefits to employees and their families.
- Educate employees about eldercare and caregiving issues by offering an online resource center and seminars.
National Facts: Eldercare’s Impact on Employers
- Eldercare costs U.S. business more than $33 billion in lost productivity each year.
- An estimated 26 million caregivers also hold jobs, most full-time.
- 62% of employed caregivers report that their caregiving responsibilities have negatively affected their work.
- “Presenteeism”–in which employees are physically present but distracted by non-work concerns–costs employers many times more in lost productivity than absenteeism.